Friday 23 October 2009

A Challenge from Billy Hayes!

Just received a response to my email to Billy Hayes of the CWU (Communication Workers Union) regarding the Post Office strikes. See earlier post here.

Here it is:


Thanks Billy.

I am surprised. I thought I might get a message justifying the reasons for the strike - but instead I get something I can only interpret as a challenge.

I will give it some further consideration. The longer this dispute looks like going on, and the tone of this email suggests no compromise, the more viable an alternative to the Post Office becomes. Many companies may be considering the opportunity and be musing over similar ideas to mine.

I hope for the sake of Postal workers across the country he re-thinks his position quickly - before even more of the Royal Mail's business disappears for ever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment